The wise words of Lao Tsu

*This too will pass * When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be * When you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to * Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Anyone for Tennis ?

Although I'm not great at playing tennis, I do enjoy playing it very much. Tennis is not a very popular sport here in China, but there are some great Tennis facilities only a few minutes drive from where I live. I think you have to know someone who knows someone etc...to actually get in and play there...so i think I'm quite lucky to get the chance to have a hit. I really thought I would be very sore the next day or two after, but suprisingly, pulled up ok. The actual Tennis courts we went to are fantastic. Many Australian clubs would dearly love such an amazing set of courts to play on...some courts under cover, some outside in full sun and also practice areas to hone your skills! Seeing as many Chinese people seem to have little idea about Tennis, it seems rather odd that these facilities are here...I have to wonder how much they actually get used???


1 comment:

Mum said...

I love Mabel's cooker! The food looks absolutely delicious, but I am sure No one could possibly make Jaozi like Nettie's Dad!