The wise words of Lao Tsu

*This too will pass * When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be * When you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to * Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Added Extra's...Yes folks...and thats not all !

Well it seems that here in China you often get more than you bargained for...let me give you some examples

*Food - Everything that you eat here seems to be followed by the phrase "It is Chinese medicine or we Chinese people think it is very, very good for you, it balances your yin and yang"

*Foot Wash - the term used is foot wash but it actually means foot massage and you often find out that the foot massage includes arms, legs, neck, and back massage as they pummel and twist your body...oh yes and all this is also provided with the "Chinese medicine" this time put into the hot water that your feet soak in. You may also get the acu pressure treatment on the pressure points of your feet...all this when all you had in your head was getting your feet washed :-)

* Hairdresser - I went in for my haircut worried about what I would come out looking like those worries soon changed though... I was informed on the way into the hairdressers that I would have to lay down to have my hair washed and as I lay on the bed while my head was washed, massaged on the pressure points, hit on the pressure points, my hair was pulled, ears and neck massaged...I have to say I don't find this one relaxing in any way ! Then you sit in the chair and wait and watch to see how the hairstyle may turn out :-)Actually I think the cuts are good and the hairdressers here is considerably cheaper than in Australia.

* A morning out rarely is a morning out...it usually turns into lunch out and dinner out and just when you think that you're actually going home now.....it's quite possible to then end up at a night club,a movie or karaoke...then home ???NO !!! then foot massage...:-)

I feel like the Chinese really do everything to the extreme...They work...very, very hard...no doubt about it....and as we say in Australia....they also "Party Hard"

There are many other examples which I have probably already mentioned in the blogs like....
quiet walks ending in invitations from strangers to sit and talk while they give you fruit and vegetables to take home...
Or the time I bought a coat and they wouldn't let me leave the shop without taking a Quilt as a free gift..(I kept giving it back thinking they wanted me to buy it... lol)
How about when I'm sitting quietly in my apartment and my phone rings..."Hello, we're down stairs waiting for you, are you coming?"...."Where?"...."To dinner" :-)

No comments: