The wise words of Lao Tsu

*This too will pass * When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be * When you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to * Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage

Sunday, December 30, 2012

RT-Mart

RT MART has opened right across from my apartment. Maybe hard to comprehend life in a country like China unless you experience it first hand. You learn the real meaning of "developing country". in 2008 when I came here my whole life changed... Everyday items like Fresh Milk, Cheese, Butter, Bread, Steak, Sausages, Cereal, Chocolate ( that didn't taste like wax) and much more, just didn't exist in Yichang... Bigger cities, Yes, But not here. Now I can find all these things relatively easily...especially with RT MART across the road. And other things like Christmas were non existent... Well pretty much... And now there is Christmas spirit and crazy shopping lol...
A whole new road near my school and apartment has finally been finished (it's taken nearly all of four years) and its awesome. There are now proper seats in my ferry. Air con and heating in some of the buses. Cafes that sell real coffee.
The times, they are a changing :-)




No comments: